- SD/SDHC/SDXC support (tested up to 64GB; no exFAT support so SDXC cards must be reformatted using FAT32)
- High quality push-push memory card slot
- Fast ROM loading (~9MB/s)
- Fast menu navigation
- Directories are sorted automatically, no need for FAT sorting tools
- High resolution menu (512×224) for adequate display of long file names
- Real Time Clock
- Supports ROM size up to 128MBit (96Mbit actually implemented)
- Automatic near-time SRAM saving to SD Card (while the game runs). Some limitations apply:
- near-time saving is switched to periodic saving when a game is found to use the SRAM as work RAM.
- Automatic saving is disabled when MSU1 is used. SRAM is saved on reset.
- Enhancement chip support (see below for implementation status)
- SuperCIC key (SNES CIC clone):
- enables operation on unmodified consoles of all regions
- supports software 50/60Hz switching on SuperCIC enhanced consoles only (to be performed by sd2snes firmware, not yet implemented there)
- Auto region patching: eliminates “This Game Pak is not designed…” messages regardless of 50/60Hz setting
- SD2SNES vs Super EverDrive comparison
SUPPORTED ENHANCEMENT CHIPS:
BS-X memory map / Satellaview base unit registers (clock)
DSP1 / 1b
Cartridge uses custom made multi region shell. It fits in both american and euro/jap systems.
Firmware update at sd2snes.de